[DRBD-user] [patch] in-kernel builds

Eugene Crosser crosser at rol.ru
Tue Apr 20 11:39:39 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 03:58, Kees Cook wrote:
> Hi!  It's me again.  :)
>
> This is a patch against 0.7 CVS for three things:
> - add a "Kconfig" file for drbd being built in a kernel tree
> - inside/outside kernel tree test added to Makefile
> - script to generate a kernel patch against a kernel tree and drbd tree
>
> With these, I think anyone can build drbd inside and outside of a kernel
> tree, monolithic or modular.

On my system (Slackware 9.1) mktemp does not have -d (create directory)
key.  Maybe better not rely on it?

$ sh -v scripts/patch-kernel ...
TEMPDIR=`mktemp -d /tmp/drbd-patch-XXXXXX`
mktemp -d /tmp/drbd-patch-XXXXXX
-d option is not supported under Linux.
if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
        echo "Could not make temp directory" >&2
        exit 1
fi
Could not make temp directory

Eugene