[DRBD-user] can drbd be made to detect that it has failed to write to the underlying device in a 'long time'?

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Mon Apr 12 23:51:25 CEST 2004

can drbd be made to detect that it has failed to write to the underlying
device in a 'long time'?
I am experiencing a problem where the external raid box I have {Promise
RM8000} stops responding on the scsi bus and the card {adaptec} is unable to
reset the Promise box.
I was wondering if in this situation where drbd has been unable to actually
get ANY data synced to the disk on the secondary node (and because the
secondary node can't sync any data to disk in proto C, the primary is stuck
too) for about 10 minutes, drbd could be made to consider this a lower level
failure and do the drbd-panic in 0.6.10 (or other options I believe are
available in 0.7.x)?

Have I just missed an already existing configuration option, or do I have to
figure out how to make the adaptec driver fail out sooner?

Is this something that could be added to a later drbd?  Or make sense to?

--
Todd Denniston