[DRBD-user] DRBD sync rate way low

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Apr 12 19:12:21 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-12 08:43:27 -0500
\ Jesse A Dubin:
> > > why my data is missing and my server is down....
> >
> > I still don't understand what you mean with "my data is missing"...
> > Please give more detail about
> > what you are doing, and
> > what you expect to happen, and
> > where "real world" does not meet your expectations.
> >

> Well, before the reboot, I had data in my node dirs.  After the reboot,
> this information is gone, as well as the whole directory structure.  If it
> were just a DRBD issue, as you said, I would still have data on the primary
> node and I would still be serving pages.

The filesystem did not complain upon mount,
but the data is gone?

Doh.
Not DRBDs fault I hope :-/

> I expected that upon the shutdown of the primary, there would be a failover
> and the Secondary would promote itself (it started to, but I think the
> Primary came back up before the Secondary could take over all but one node)
> and the Primary, upon its reboot, would become Secondary.

What cluster manager?
heartbeat? homegrown?
Did it complain about something?

> I'm running DRBD 0.6.10 on SuSE 8.2.  drbd.conf (minus comments) looks

> resource www {
>   protocol = B

You should use protocol C. Always.
Unless you know a good reason not to.

>   load-only

Now, why did you use this one?

rest looks ok.

> This is mostly identical for each of our nodes.

Uhm, do you mean nodes as in "computer boxes" or as in "DRBD resources" ?

Do your DRBD resources all share the same device (vgr5) ?

	Lars Ellenberg