[DRBD-user] DRBD performance over GBit Ethernet

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Apr 7 13:22:09 CEST 2004

On 2004-04-07T13:11:07,
   Andreas Semt <as at computer-leipzig.de> said:

> i have a two node drbd test configuration. The nodes (intel xeons) are
> connected over  crossover GBit Ethernet. Can anybody say what i have to
> do to use the bandwidth with drbd? What configuration in drbd.conf is
> needed to get all the performance of GBit Ethernet?

Just set the sync speed accordingly, and tl-log to 5000 or even higher,
you may also wish to use a slightly larger sndbuf.

> And: What maximum performance i can expect with such a hardware
> configuration (production use experience anybody)?

You could easily see >80MB/s. This will to a large degree depend on your
physical disks.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.