[DRBD-user] 0.7pre5 can't find linux/drbd.h, drbdadm_parser.y problem

Thorn Roby troby at cavion.com
Thu Apr 1 02:38:59 CEST 2004

Trying to build the current CVS snapshot of 0.7pre5 on RH9 I ran into
problems with linux/drbd.h and linux/drbd_config.h not being found. This
occurred whether I ran make in the drbd directory (according to the
install instructions on the website) or from the top level. I tried
sprinkling copies of the linux include directory at various levels of
the build tree as well as in /usr/include/linux, but that didn't help. I
finally solved the problem by changing the angle brackets on all include
directives to double quotes.

I also had a problem with drbdadm_parser.y not being accepted until I
deleted all the \r characters from the file (leaving \n).