[drbd-mc] type to search box appears instantly

Simone Bazzi simone.bazzi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:57:45 CEST 2011

2011/8/27 Rasto Levrinc <rasto.levrinc at linbit.com>

as far as I can say it is an issue with Windows 7. It works as expected
> on Ubuntu Natty on both KDE and Gnome, not sure if Simone has the same
> issue,
> or what distribution and WMs he has. Simone? At the moment I am not able to
> check it on Windows. I will look more closely at these issues in September
> when I come back.

Hello Rasto, I have to correct my previous statement. While in fact this bug
does happen under Windows (Vista 32bit in my case, JVM 1.6.0_26-b03) i
thought I'd also experienced it under Linux but I double checked this and it
doesn't happen anymore, so I was probably "overlapping" the two scenarios.

Anyways to be more specific what happens in my case (and Walid too, if I
understand correctly) is that as soon as any search box panel shows up after
right clicking anywhere (and you don't even have to click on a menu voice
for that, since it's sufficient to pass over it with the pointer) everything
disappears except for the search box. This is very annoying when you
actually mean to go to a different menu item and the whole thing goes away
all of a sudden. On the contrary, under Linux the search box doesn't "kill"
the parent menu items, just as expected.

If it's any help, I can send you some screenshot.

BR,
Simone.