[Drbd-dev] [BUG] drbdadm_parser.c:1968:63: error: 'glob_t' has no member named 'gl_flags'

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Nov 14 09:52:41 CET 2022

On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 01:08:14PM +0100, Milan P. Stanić wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [ Please Cc to me, I'm not subscribed to this mailing list ]
>
> I'm trying to build drbd-tools 9.22.0 on Alpine Linux which is based on
> musl libc (and not glibc).
>
> [...]
>
> Musl libc glob.h doesn't have gl_flags nor GLOB_MAGCHAR because it is
> non standard glibc extension.

thanks for reporting, this should be fixed in
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/33d5e8f7066116bd0a706c7cdda4950895164d34

> I reverted https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/4a1b590090bf676cdfb10c198505b95b9eeb3120
> commit and then drbd-tools builds fine.
>
> Not sure is this revert safe to push drbd-utils in next Alpine release
> (which planned for next week) or there is better fix.

I think reverting for now is perfectly fine, this deserved a fix, but I
don't think it actually happened in the wild that often... Or you pick
the proposed fix, which would be a good test for us as well. Currently
I'm not sure when the next official release will be done, current gut
feeling is not enough interesting things people would wait for has have
happened.

Regards, rck