[Drbd-dev] drbd: a proposal of two-primaries mode

rui.xu rui.xu at easystack.cn
Tue May 10 14:09:23 CEST 2022

Hi Joel,

In my use-case, two-primaries drbd devices are used as the back-end disks of iSCSI respectively,
then the two iSCSI disks form a multi-path disk.

For example, there are two nodes(node-1 and node-2), all of them are primary nodes, suppose there is a  drbd

device called drbd1. Then drbd1 on node-1 is used as a back-end disk of iSCSI target, the peer device on node-2

is used as a back-end disk of iSCSI target too. At last, we make these two iSCSI disks into a multi-path disk.

Since multi-path may submit writes to two primaries nodes concurrently, conflicting writes will happen and cause
the drbd become unavailable.

Best regards,
Xu