[Drbd-dev] drbd: a proposal of two-primaries mode

rui.xu rui.xu at easystack.cn
Tue May 10 13:16:40 CEST 2022

Hi Joel,

I have met some problems with commit e01200e0, the commit has remove two-primaries
write conflict resolution.

In my use-case, two-primaries configuration is required, but conflicting writes may happens
and it is inevitable. When conflicting writes happen, reconnection will be triggered. Since conflicting
writes will not be discarded, reconnection will be triggered again and again, which lead the drbd to
become unavailable.

In commit e01200e0, you said that 'anyone using two-primaries should ensure that they do not submit
conflicting writes', but i don't think we should assume the behavior of the upper layer. I think we should
deal with it rather than ignore it to ensure that the drbd can continue to work.

As for the question you mentioned,  I have some ideas about solving these problems, we can discuss
it later.

Best regards,
Xu