[Drbd-dev] Linux 5.18 status

Michael Labriola veggiemike at sourceruckus.org
Thu Jun 2 15:43:55 CEST 2022

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 7:21 AM Christoph Böhmwalder
<christoph.boehmwalder at linbit.com> wrote:

> Am 01.06.22 um 16:03 schrieb Michael Labriola:
> > Ahoy!  Looks like the drbd-9.1 branch doesn't compile against 5.18
> > yet.  Is somebody working through the 5.18 block layer changes
> > already?  If anyone's got a branch to test, I'd gladly try it out.
> >
> > --
> > Michael D Labriola
> > 401-316-9844 (cell)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on 5.18 compat as we speak. Since no distribution we build
> for is using 5.18, this has a somewhat lower priority, but it is being done.

That's good to hear.  I took a look at the changes the other day, and
they looked a little too deep for me to safely fix on my own.

> I would estimate we have around 5 or 6 remaining non-trivial patches
> that require real attention before we can build for 5.18.
>
> If everything goes to plan, the fixes might make it into the next DRBD
> release in mid-June, but I really can't make any promises.

I'd love to help test things out as things start to come together.
Let me know where to pull from, and I'll compile and give it some
gentle testing on a 3-node setup.

I historically make drbd9 work "for-me" on new kernels as they come
out with the intent of prettying up my patches and submitting them
here (e.g., compat patch build system stuff for older kernels), but
rarely manage to follow through before you guys fix it upstream.

--
Michael D Labriola
401-316-9844 (cell)