[Drbd-dev] drbd: a question of uuid compare

rui.xu rui.xu at easystack.cn
Thu Jul 14 14:36:19 CEST 2022

Hi Joel,

 I have met some problems with commit 300bfb7ba,  the commit move rule "reconnect" in front of rule
 "lost_quorum" in drbd_uuid_compare.

I have a 2 node cluster and all 2 nodes running with DRBD9.1: Primary node is node-1,  and Secondary

node is node-2 , quorum is configured as 2.

My problem can be reproduced as follows:
1. node-1 crash when io is onging.
2. node-1 recovery and reconnect with node-2(a full sync is required).
3. node-2 becomes WFBitMapS and node-1 becomes WFBitMapT.
4. node-1 lost connection with node-2 , but node 1 has not sent a bitmap to node 2 at this time.
5. node-1 reconnect with node-2.

No resync will be triggered due to the commit 300bfb7ba , this will cause the data of the two nodes to be inconsistent.

So can you tell me the purpose of this commit and more details about this commit.

Best regards,
Xu