[Drbd-dev] remove REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME v2

Martin K. Petersen martin.petersen at oracle.com
Mon Feb 28 04:43:19 CET 2022

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 09:28:21 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Now that we are using REQ_OP_WRITE_ZEROES for all zeroing needs in the
> kernel there is very little use left for REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME.  We only
> have two callers left, and both just export optional protocol features
> to remote systems: DRBD and the target code.
>
> For the target code the only real use case was zeroing offload, which
> is kept with this series, and for DRBD I suspect the same based on the
> usage.
>
> [...]

Applied to 5.18/scsi-queue, thanks!

[1/7] cxlflash: query write_zeroes limit for zeroing
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/898cd34607eb
[2/7] drbd: drop REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/a34592ff6b78
[3/7] rnbd: drop WRITE_SAME support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/ebd04737637b
[4/7] sd: remove write same support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/e383e16e84e9
[5/7] md: drop WRITE_SAME support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/10fa225c33a9
[6/7] dm: remove write same support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/a773187e37fa
[7/7] block: remove REQ_OP_WRITE_SAME support
      https://git.kernel.org/mkp/scsi/c/73bd66d9c834