[Drbd-dev] error during ./configure of drbd-utils-9.12.2

Sooth Sayuh soothsayuh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 11:57:15 CEST 2020

running ./configure for drbd-utils-9.12.2 i get this:

checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking linux/genetlink.h usability... no
checking linux/genetlink.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/genetlink.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/genetlink.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/genetlink.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/genetlink.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/genetlink.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to drbd-dev at lists.linbit.com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
checking for linux/genetlink.h... no
configure: error: Could not find linux/genetlink.h

kernel is 4.1.12-124.26.12.el6uek.x86_64
also this is a special system with certain packages installed with hard
dependencies.  I had to force install libdtrace-ctf-0.8.0-1.el6.x86_64 to
get drbd to compile.
lastly - now when i run most drbdadm commands i see this:
[root at ct-broom-03 drbd.d]# drbdadm up r0
API mismatch!
        API version drbdsetup: 1 kernel: 2
        header size drbdsetup: 8 kernel: 8
Command 'drbdsetup new-resource r0 0' terminated with exit code 20
drbdadm: new-minor r0: skipped due to earlier error

I cannot seem to find a solution to that...could it be my forced rpm
install?