[Drbd-dev] using new cocci config on older kernels

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Aug 12 07:18:03 CEST 2019

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 11:20:04AM -0600, David Butterfield wrote:
> In drbd-9.0/drbd, using the August 2 checkin "Prepare 10.0.0a1":
> I tried building with a few different kernel versions, using commands of the form (e.g.):
>     wget https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/linux-3.4.113.tar.gz
>     make clean; make -i KDIR=linux-3.4.113
>
> First question is whether I should be expecting that to work all the way back to the
> expected DRBD limit of 2.6.32, or if the limit has (intentionally) been changed?

No. With DRBD10 we will give up RHEL6 kernels. From a quick look at the
build matrix, RHEL7 then has the oldest kernel we will support.

All in all the build magic/compat, especially for HEAD (which is the dev
branch for 10; there is also a stable one for 9.0.X) needs some love.

So yeah, thanks, but for now play with something else, it will make you
happier :D

Regards, rck