[Drbd-dev] Potentially invalid memory accesses in file drivers/block/drbd/drbd_worker.c

Shaobo roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Jul 20 06:50:47 CEST 2017

Hi there,

My name is Shaobo He and I am a graduate student at University of Utah.
I am using a static analysis tool to search for null pointer
dereferences and came across a couple of potentially invalid memory
accesses in the file drivers/block/drbd/drbd_worker.c: in function
`drbd_start_resync`, pointer variable `connection` in line 1727 can be
NULL while is dereferenced at line 1767 (```if (current ==
connection->worker.task) {```).

Please let me know if it makes sense. I am looking forward to your
reply.

Best,
Shaobo