[Drbd-dev] 答复: Re: Querying the devel plan of speed up initial sync of new and empty devices

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Mar 9 16:11:16 CET 2015

Hi Nick,

FYI: I do not know a mkfs that zeros out the block device.
All mkfs.XXX I know only write a few blocks of a block device.
The super block, block group descriptors, a journal...

..onyl if the device supports discard (SSDs, thinly provisioned
storage) e.g. mkfs.ext4 uses that to discard the block device.

The remaining question is if it is worth the trouble to do it
in DRBD as well? -- BTW, you will not need to implement a
flag in the meta-data, but you need to ship such a flag
in the protocol...

best regards,
 Phil