[Drbd-dev] Protocol C

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri May 30 15:17:52 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:28:19PM +0200, raulhp wrote:
> >>You understand my question :-) only y want to understand how to use
> >>existing code of ACK for multicast
> >
> >I don't think it works that way.
>
> Now, What do you think?

I think, amoung other things, we have some a nice language barrier here.

I think, as I tried to explain,
that you need to distinguish between what happens
on the DRBD protocol level, and what happens
on the communication transport level.
The latter is what you are working on.
You can do almost whatever you want there.

But it should be obvious that you cannot re-use the
DRBD protocol level "my-disk-has-failed-I-am-so-sorry" message
to mean, on the transport layer,
"please-resend-all-requests-I-did-miss", just because both
concepts use the term "nack" somewhere in the description.

Different things.
Both needed.
Not directly related.

--