[Drbd-dev] DRBD bugs repository?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 27 14:48:53 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:25:56AM -0000, Azeez Ahamed wrote:

> I have been working on DRBD from quite sometime. I am interested in
> contributing to the DRBD opensource development by fixing bugs or
> developing the new features. I explored the DRBD website and the users's
> mailing list, nothing much information i got on the bugs repository or on
> the details on the new features development.
>
>   Please let me know how can i access the DRBD bugs list.

since the main developers of DRBD (me and phil) sit next to each other
for hours every day, most roadmap coordination, feature requests and bug
reports happen right here, in the linbit office.

we do have a bugzilla, though we only slowly start to actually use it,
some things live still as a piece of paper on the real desktop.
the bugzilla is currently linbit internal, and partially in german.

we may eventually make that bugzilla publically accessible (readonly),
for reference purposes.

but right now, public bug reporting happens via the lists, or via
input from direct customers of LINBIT.

I'm happy that there is interest in helping us getting the stuff done,
only I'm right now not sure what I can suggest to you to takle first.
the bugs we are currently working on are very much right in the deep
internals of drbd. No offense, but I don't think anyone new to the
project could be of much help there.

I'll try to find a way to make that DRBD bug/feature list accessible
for you, so you could try and pick some suitable issues yourself.

Also, maybe you can fill me in on your background, what did you do, what
is it you think you can do best, what amount of time do you think you
could invest, etc.

cheers,

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :