[Drbd-dev] I/O can hang on primary synctarget after an io error.

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Feb 26 13:49:20 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 04:53:35PM -0500, Montrose, Ernest wrote:
> Lars,
> We appear to have a009fc907a14f69026b32fbb48a4db6f1cdd5ecd.  Reading
> your response what I get is that we are guaranteed that if we return
> early in drbd_end_write_sec() then someone else would have done the
> dec_local near the end or an inc_local was never done?

this "return early" does not happen.
because almost no driver actually implemented partial completion
notification in the first place, and if some driver should indeed
implement it, it is guaranteed to eventually call us with the the bio
comlpetely done.
finally, you trigger the "io-error" by fault insertion,
which directly calls the endio handler with bi_size == 0.

> Hmmm... our testing was not done with the latest git stuff.
> I will do some things with the latest.

keep us posted.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :