[Drbd-dev] DRBD contribution

Azeez Ahamed azeez.ahamed at rediffmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:57:43 CEST 2008

>It is in our own intrest to make our bugzilla publically available,
>at least for read access. -- But I do not have the resources right
>now for that.
>
>And I think that will not be of much use for you, since to work on the
>issues that are currently open in bugzilla you need to have years
>of experience with kernel development, and need quite some time to
>get familiarize yourself with the DRBD module code base.
>
>But I suggest that you select one of these tasks for you debut
>as DRBD contributor:
>
>   1 Implement an include statement for the config file in drbdadm.
>     So that one can have a /etc/drbd.d/res1.conf .... and a
>     /etc/drbd.conf that only says "include /etc/drbd.d/*;"
>     [for DRBD-8.2]
>
>   2 Work on the spec file. The RPMs that get currently build
>     lack a dependency on the kernel they are built for. Add that
>     dependency. PS: You have to take care that it works for RHEL
>     and for SLES
>     [for DRBD-8.0 and will get propagated to 8.2 from there]
>
>   3 Change drbdadm so that it allows multiple "on" sections per
>     resource. -- One has to specify the peer he means on the
>     commandline when use drbdadm connect.
>     [for DRBD-8.2]
>
>-Phil

I need some clarification on the activities you suggested me to
develop.

>   3 Change drbdadm so that it allows multiple "on" sections per
>     resource. -- One has to specify the peer he means on the
>     commandline when use drbdadm connect.
>     [for DRBD-8.2]

  Here you are looking for 1 to n node replication? When we use
drbdadm connect command, it uses this command internally

drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 net 10.1.40.33:1234 10.1.40.41:1234 C --set-defaults --create-device

  Do i need to modify drbdsetup command to support multiple nodes?
Please correct me if i am wrong.

  Also, provide some details on the following activity

>   1 Implement an include statement for the config file in drbdadm.
>     So that one can have a /etc/drbd.d/res1.conf .... and a
>     /etc/drbd.conf that only says "include /etc/drbd.d/*;"
>     [for DRBD-8.2]

Thanks,
Azeez