[Drbd-dev] Handling on-disk caches

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Nov 12 16:59:24 CET 2007

> For item 3 I have an other opinion.
>
> On the primary we have a data structure called the "transfer log" or
tl
> in the code. Up to now this was mainly important for protocol A and B.
>
> It is a data structure conaining objects for all our self-generated
> drbd-barriers on the fly, and objects for all write requests between
> these barriers.
>
> If we loose connection in protocol A or B we need to mark everything
> we find in the transfer_log as out-of-sync in the bitmap.
>
> When we also do this for protocol C, _AND_ use BIO_RW_BARRIER for
> doing writing on the secondary we have solved the issue you
> described in the first part of the mail.

I like it! MUCH better than marking the GB's of data covered by the
AL...

I presume you will work on this as part of 8.2 rather than as a fix to
8.0? Since I am currently locked on 8.0, I will probably look at
implementing your suggestions as updates to 8.0 and submit them for
consideration in 8.2.

Simon