[Drbd-dev] DRBD8: Panic in drbd_bm_write_sect() after an io error during resync.

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Feb 15 16:28:18 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2007 19:03 schrieb Montrose, Ernest:
> Hi all,
> We are overwelmed with panic's after io errors. Seem mdev->bc is null
> due to some race condition.  Here is one instance:
>
> Two node cluster, node A and Node B. Syncsource is node A. While syncing
> Reads are issued on Node B.  I/O errosrs start to occur
> on node A,  Node A panics :

[...OOPS... ]

Hi Ernest,

I was not able to understand the cause of the oops on the first
glance.

Could you provide the output of ksymoops when you feed this
OOPS to it ? ( I am interested in the disassebled code)

AND

I do this debugging by comparing it to the assembler output
of the compiler.
Please provide the .s files from the machine where you build
your drbd (with your compiler, kernel config and kernel source).

Remke DRBD with "make V=1"

The create the .s file:
Replaceing the "-c" option with "-gstabs+ -S" and the -o "foo.o" to
-o "foo.s" in the call of the compiler

Something like this:
(cd $KDIR ; gcc ... /some/path/foo.c )

Thanks,