[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8: No-panic patch part I-c

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Sep 18 17:13:34 CEST 2006

Final few changes for the 1st phase of panic removal, including:

1. Updated tests - I implemented a new set of fault insertion tests in
testing/testsuite.
   NOTE: DRBD does NOT pass these tests yet - however, one of the main
problems I am
   having is with the test tool itself - it keeps on timing out
communicating with the
   agent script for no apparent reason. These tests are worth running
though - they
   seem to stress the failure handling quite nicely!

2. Need to unlock the bitmap if a failure occurs in drbd_nl_disk_conf
after the point where
   the lock is established.

3. There are some cases where drbd_bm_read can be called with a
zero-size bitmap which
   leads to a crash -- test for a NULL b->bm.

4. drbd_io_error() needs to call drbd_md_sync - I had removed this but
there are a couple
   of issues - first of all, the error being reported might not stop the
bitmap from
   being written and secondly drbd_md_sync has the side effect of
canceling the md-sync
   timer which we want in this case.

5. Minor changes in trace code

Simon