[Drbd-dev] DRBD-8 - system hangs when NegDReply received

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 7 18:40:41 CEST 2006

/ 2006-09-07 10:21:22 -0400
\ Graham, Simon:

> > I am still working on a monster patch to consolidate all the
> > request functionality in one place, so it is more obvious what should
> > and should not happen.
> > I may be wrong here, but you cannot simply end the master request and
> > free the req because you get a NegDReply. the local part (submit_bio)
> > may still be on the fly.
> > you have to use drbd_end_req with appropriate flags...
>
> I had the same thought when I started looking at this - however,
> currently reads do NOT use this approach since a read is only issued on
> one side - receive_DataReply does just complete the master bio for
> example; in fact, I mostly copied the code from this routine.

well, see my other post in this thread...

> Do you have any idea when your monster patch will be ready?

should have been done today...
unfortunately, while in the middle of implementing stuff,
I managed to lock me out of the flat I currently work in...
 :-/

anyways, thats that...
maybe I still get it done today, latest tomorrow.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                                  Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :