[Drbd-dev] FW: [DRBD-cvs] svn commit by phil - r2534 - trunk/drbd - Added missinginitialisations of rs_failed.

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Oct 16 15:16:34 CEST 2006

Thanks for finding/fixing my bugs! I do have one question on this change though:

		lc_put(mdev->resync,&ext->lce);
 		// no race, we are within the al_lock!

-		if (ext->rs_left <= ext->rs_failed) {
-			ext->rs_left = ext->rs_failed = 0;
+		if (ext->rs_left == ext->rs_failed) {
+			ext->rs_failed = 0;

With this change, when rs_left==rs_failed, you do not clear rs_left but only rs_failed -- I cleared both so that next time we used the extent we'd start from scratch again - was my understanding incorrect?

Simon

PS: FWIW, I chose to use <= rather than == deliberately as I felt this is more tolerant of problems elsewhere in the code -- yes in theory rs_left should never be less than rs_failed but <= works as well and actually better if there is a bug elsewhere that decrements rs_left when it shouldn't...