[Drbd-dev] Re: drbd_panic() in drbd_receiver.c

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Wed Jul 5 19:49:07 CEST 2006

Thanks again for the review; I understand and agree with your comments on doing this in 8 versus 7 - anything I do on 7 will just be for prototyping (because as I said it's much easier for me to test with 7 right now).

I will take the approach of continuing with as much as possible of the resync (although as I suspected, it's MUCH easier to simply abort the resync as soon as any error is reported).

One question -- you said that DRBD disconnects from the disk on the first (local) error -- I think this is only true if you set on-io-error to "Detach" -- we actually run with the default value of PassOn in which case drbd_io_error does nothing; I think this is actually the best way to run since it keeps the disk accessible for those blocks that are OK and returns errors for those that are not.

/simgr