[Drbd-dev] Proposed update to packet dumping code

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Thu Aug 10 21:41:01 CEST 2006

I found in debugging my problem that I was still getting too much output, so I've enhanced the trace a little to enable one to specify which devices have their packets traced - I did this by adding a 2nd sysfs variable dump_packet_devs which is a bitmap of devices to trace (which means you can only trace the first 32 devices -- is that a problem for anyone?).

I also fixed up some formatting errors (including fields that are meaningless, adding the socket name to the summary trace, tracing packets sent with drbd_send_cmd2()).

One other thing in this patch is a bit more tracing in tl_verify() when a failure is detected -- you can remove this if you like, but I think it's actually useful (more on this in a separate email later!)

Simon