[Drbd-dev] DRBD 8 rejects some state changes that it shouldn't

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Aug 7 15:12:06 CEST 2006

In general, the state change code does the right thing in refusing
invalid state changes, however there are some cases where it rejects a
change that cannot really be rejected - for example, if the peer tells
you that it has gone diskless, it's really not possible to refuse the
state change - here's an example:

drbd15: State change failed: Refusing to be inconsistent on both
nodesdrbd15:   state = { cs:SyncTarget st:Secondary/Primary
ds:Inconsistent/UpToDate r--- }drbd15:  wanted = { cs:SyncTarget
st:Secondary/Primary ds:Inconsistent/Diskless r--- }
I'm not sure how important this is but it definitely results in the
local state being incorrect. I'm not totally sure but I suspect you
should always let the peer state change by setting the ChgStateHard flag
in the call to drbd_change_state in receive_req_state?

Simon