[Drbd-dev] Re: reboot notifier

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 3 10:20:33 CEST 2006

> From: Milind Dumbare <milind at linsyssoft.com>
> To: drbd-dev at lists.linbit.com
> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 13:03:33 +0530
>
> Hi all,
> 	"drbd_cleanup" function can be called from "drbd_notify_sys" in default
> reboot case, for the sake of flow structuring.
> 	Cleanup will be done when rebooting.
>
> + 	switch(code) {
> +       case SYS_RESTART:
> +       default:
> +               drbd_cleanup();
> +	break
> +	}

yes of course it could.
what do we gain?

if it is an orderly shutdown, the init scripts would have down'ed drbd
already, so this notifier would never be called, because it is no longer
there. if the shutdown is not so orderly: we cannot "just call drbd_cleanup",
since we may still be primary, or connected or both or...

I probably just don't get your point?

--
: Lars Ellenberg                                  Tel +43-1-8178292-55 :