[Drbd-dev] 0.7.11 soon

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon May 9 16:46:47 CEST 2005

/ 2005-05-09 11:37:01 +0200
\ Philipp Reisner:
> Am Montag, 9. Mai 2005 10:58 schrieb Philipp Hug:
> > philipp,
> >
> > if you release a new version it won't make it into sarge...
> > 0.7.10 will be in sarge and has to be supported for about 2 years ;-)
>
> Yes, I expected this.
>
> The only relevant patch for Debian is the first item of the changelog:

 [ one line patch ]

> Maybe you can slip it in by creating a "drbd-0.7.10-4" or something.
> But it is nothing critical at all ... as we know drbd-0.7.10 is really
> fine for most people.

hm.
maybe it is easier to NOT generate a drbd-0.7.10 package, but a drbd-0.7
paackage, so it can be updated to our 0.7.X releases without violating
any package release policies?

mean, development is in 0.8, 0.7 is in "bugfix-only-mode" anyways.
so basically when we somewhen release 0.7.14, that is equivalent to
releasing a package 0.7-somethingelse.

Right?

	Lars