[Drbd-dev] 0.7.11 soon

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon May 9 10:30:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

The last DRBD release happened on the 31st Jan of 2005, this
is more than 3 month by now. I guess we need to give our
users the feeling that DRBD is still alive :)

0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
-----
 * The upper limit of the runtime tuning parameter max_buffers
   was ways too low for today's IBM storage controllers.
   Was 32 - 10000 ; Now it is 32 - 131072 ( Now one could
   allow DRBD to allocate up to half a gigabyte of memory as
   receive buffers)
 * A fix to the Makefiles to make building of RPMs work on RAHS4.
 * A workaround to have DBRD running on PPC64 with Linux-2.4.x kernels,
   on Linux-2.6.x everything was fine already.
 * Removal of dead code (busy_blocks).

I will tag, create the tar-ball and announce it on wednesday,
as long as nobody objects.

-phil