[Drbd-dev] Re: drbd uses wrong API for struct bio

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon Jan 24 13:52:17 CET 2005

On 2005-01-24T13:24:46, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.de> wrote:

> So I converted that to use bio_alloc() and bio_put() etc correctly, but
> this wonderful beautiful code in drbd_worker.c assumes that every bio it
> gets is embedded in a epoch_entry struct and uses the container_of()
> macro to convert from the bio to the enclosing struct.
>
> Which of course no longer works if the private_bio is indeed a pointer.
> Wonderful.

We could point bi_private at the epoch entry and have the epoch entry
reference the mdev in the Tl_epoch_entry and make this work again.

Would that be ok?

Except of course of not being useful for drbd_req_prepare_write/read(),
where there is no Tl_epoch_entry available. Sigh.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering