[Drbd-dev] Re: [DRBD-cvs] r1743 - in branches/drbd-0.7: . drbd

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Feb 3 10:15:56 CET 2005

On 2005-02-02T18:59:10, Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com> wrote:

> Why do you not simply read the code ?

I did, but because the comments in the code and those I got from Jens were
contradictionary with what you said, and I wanted to figure out who was
right, and I'm known to misunderstand code.

But Jens confirmed in a private discussion that you're right ;-)
Normally, the end_io functions would drop their reference count. Alas,
because drbd and md were converted from on stack bios, those didn't.

So yes, the additional bio_get seems to be wrong indeed, or a bio_put()
should be added to the end_io.

Thanks for catching this, this means we'll have another bugfix queued
soon...

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--