[Drbd-dev] Another drbd race

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Sep 8 13:20:01 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-07T14:47:45,
   Philipp Reisner <philipp.reisner at linbit.com> said:

> No. It would be better to have a "drbdadm fence r0" operation on N2!
> The "drbdadm fence r0" command would only set the "Outdated" flag.

Well, it's automatically supposed to assume it's outdated when it
crashes in S-P mode.

When the secondary loses connection to the primary, a mark-peer-dead
would prevent that flag from being set.

So, why an explicit drbdadm fence operation? I'm missing what that would
catch.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	   \\\  ///
SUSE Labs, Research and Development \honk/