[Drbd-dev] Re: [DRBD-cvs] r1600 - branches/drbd-0.7/drbd

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Oct 19 12:03:36 CEST 2004

/ 2004-10-19 11:30:24 +0200
\ Philipp Reisner:
> > get rid of the HERE macro
> > provide (experimental) code for decreasing latency on 2.6 kernels by
> > pushing the tcp stack
> >

> Hi Lars,
>
> Do you really think it is an good idea to put that tcp-stack pushing
> into drbd-0.7 ??

I only put it in drbd07 to ease propagation with svnp.
and so it does not get lost.

currently I go over all those small patches I sent somewhen and never
got any reaction about, and just remove them if they meanwhile are no
longer usefull, or apply them if I think they could do something good.

> - Do you know that it improves performance ?
>   Or is it just an assumption.

I do not know.

> - Do we really want to do this with the stable code
>   I think we should have a least one or two reports from the list,
>   that
>     a) it does not break anything
>     b) it improves performance.

it is #if 0'ed in drbd 0.7
I think we should #if 1 it in trunk,
benchmark it, and drop it if it does not do any good.

	lge