[Drbd-dev] Re: 0.7.6 release tomorrow...

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut at wollmersdorfer.at
Fri Nov 19 16:39:09 CET 2004

Cyril Bouthors wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2004, philipp.reisner at public.gmane.org wrote:

>>What exactly should I put into debian/changelog ?

> Since DRBD is not a native Debian package (i.e., package which have
> been written especially for Debian), I think the tarball must not
> contain a debian/changelog nor a debian/ directory.

Its for convenience if somebody wants to install from latest svn.

> Please read the docs a http://debian.org/devel/ for more information.

> FYI, the debian/ tree from upstream is not used for the official
> Debian package.

ACK. At least debian maintainers are responsible for the content of the
official Debian package, and upstream maintainers are responsible for
the tarball.
The cooperation of debian maintainers and drbd-dev in the past, with
copying ideas and code in both directions had advantages.
I would like to keep it.

> If you want to help maintaining the Debian package,
> Philipp Hug and I would be glad to welcome you as a co-maintainer.

Ohh, glad to see you as drbd co-maintainer.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer