linstor-server 1.29.1 release

Rene Peinthor rene.peinthor at linbit.com
Wed Sep 25 10:58:02 CEST 2024

Hi!

After the LVM command improvements in 1.29.0 we still were not happy with
performance
on large LVM-THIN pool cluster > 1200 LV's and so we decided to further
build on the
caching system and also implemented a time based caching, per default it
caches
10s or until a cache invalidate is forcefully needed (e.g. a
resource create).
The cache can be configured or disable with the StorDriver/SizesCacheTime
property.

Other than that we have fixes for nasty bugs like deleting a resource if it
was stuck resizing state or a display bug in the storage pool list.

## [1.29.1] - 2024-09-24

### Changed

- sedutils-cli calls will now resolve given paths before using them (as
sedutils-cli only allows /dev/nvme*)
- resource-definition properties are now included in drbd connection net
section
- Attempt to delete LV during DELETE flag even if SkipDisk is enabled
(suppressing error reports)
- SOS: Additionally collect journal-based dmesg from multiple previous
boots if necessary

### Fixed

- storage-pool list reporting offline nodes even though everything is
connected
- SED setup using same password for all drives
- Fixed stuck deletion of resource during failed / failing resize
- Fixed failing rsc-dfn-update-chain when updating rsc-grp
- Fixed rare race-condition during snapshot create
- Fixed dateformatting with offsets

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/linstor/linstor-server-1.29.1.tar.gz

Linstor PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack