LINSTOR Operator v2.6.0

Moritz Wanzenböck moritz.wanzenboeck at linbit.com
Mon Sep 9 08:24:21 CEST 2024

Dear LINBIT SDS on Kubernetes users,

We've recently released version 2.6.0 of our Kubernetes Operator.

This release contains a new way to map Kubernetes Node labels and
annotations to LINSTOR properties: It is now possible to use a
wildcard pattern to map one or more labels to one or more properties
at once. For example, you might want to assign the
node-role.kubernetes.io/* labels to a single Aux/role property in
LINSTOR.

Other than that, the release includes updates for LINSTOR and DRBD,
matching the latest upstream release.

To upgrade, either point your kustomization.yaml at the new manifest:

  https://charts.linstor.io/static/v2.6.0.yaml

Or, if using helm, upgrade the linstor-operator chart:

  helm repo update
  helm upgrade linstor-operator linstor/linstor-operator --wait

To get specific instructions to apply the update, check our users guide[1].

If you need to upgrade from Operator v1, check out our upgrade guide[2].

Source code is, as always, available upstream[3].

Best regards,
Moritz

[1]: https://linbit.com/drbd-user-guide/linstor-guide-1_0-en/#s-kubernetes-upgrade
[2]: https://charts.linstor.io/migration/
[3]: https://github.com/piraeusdatastore/piraeus-operator

Operator v2.6.0 Changelog
### Added

- Support wildcard patterns when referencing property values from node
labels and annotations.

### Changed

- Updated images:
  * LINSTOR 1.29.0