WinDRBD 1.1.16 released

Johannes Thoma johannes.thoma at linbit.com
Fri Jun 28 15:18:47 CEST 2024

Dear WinDRBD users,

We just released WinDRBD 1.1.16 which fixes a reason for a BSOD
(system crash) when there are 4 billion I/O requests submitted to
WinDRBD. While this seems to be a large number it has already
been triggered by an installation in the field. The fix corrects both
the counter of the pending I/O requests and the missing  list
initialization that lead to the system crash.

Updating WinDRBD to 1.1.16 is recommended.

A precompiled evaluation copy can be downloaded from the LINBIT
homepage, customers will receive their access key in a separate
mail.

Best regards and my apologies for this stupid defect,

- Johannes