[DRBD-announce] drbd-9.1.16-rc.1 and drbd-9.2.5-rc.1
philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Wed Aug 2 11:14:20 CEST 2023
Hello DRBD users,
Following the usual about eight-week release cadence, here are
drbd-9.1.16-rc.1 and drbd-9.2.5-rc.1 comming.
This is a boring release because we fixed no exceptional bugs. All the
addressed bugs need very particular conditions to trigger. Nearly all of
them have consequences that you can work around easily.
Of course, they consume the attention of the operations teams when they
trigger, so we need to fix them. That becomes increasingly important as
our customers use DRBD and DRBD controlled by LINSTOR or other
orchestration tools on larger and larger scales.
An outstanding fact is that we had not a single bug fix specific to
drbd-9.2 in this cycle.
Please help test the release candidate.
* shorten times DRBD keeps IRQs on one CPU disabled. Could lead
to connection interruption under specific conditions
* fix a corner case where resync did not start after resync-pause
* fix online adding of volumes/minors to an already connected resource
* fix a possible split-brain situation with quorum enabled with
ping-timeout set to (unusual) high value
* fix a locking problem that could lead to kernel OOPS
* ensure resync can continue (bitmap-based) after interruption
also when it started as a full-resync first
* correctly handle meta-data when forgetting diskless peers
* fix a possibility of getting a split-brain although quorum enabled
* correctly propagate UUIDs after resync following a resize operation.
Consequence could be a full resync instead of a bitmap-based one
* fix a rare race condition that can cause a drbd device to end up
with WFBitMapS/Established replication states
More information about the drbd-announce