[DRBD-announce] WinDRBD 1.1.0-rc4 released

Johannes Thoma johannes.thoma at linbit.com
Wed Sep 28 17:02:28 CEST 2022

Dear DRBD and WinDRBD users,

This is another release canidate for the WinDRBD 1.1 branch. It
fixes a rare BSOD where there is still I/O in flight when drbdadm
secondary / drbdadm down is run. This bug was discovered by
a user from India and shows how important your feedback about
WinDRBD usage is.

Other than that, starting with this release running drbdsetup
(including drbdsetup events2) processes are terminated by
the installer (this required a driver change, so you won't see
that feature until you install the next release). This makes
install failures less common.

As far as I am concerned this is the last release canidate
before the final 1.1.0 release. In tradition to Phil's request
to the community for DRBD ("This is a release canidate,
please help testing it") I would kindly ask to test this
version and report errors if you find some. If there is
no show-stopper within a week found I will tag and
release 1.1.0 next week.

As always, you can download the installer from:

https://linbit.com/linbit-software-download-page-for-linstor-and-drbd-linux-driver/#drbd-windows

 From the WHATSNEW.md file:

Quit drbdsetup events2 processes on upgrading.

Fixed a BSOD on I/O while removing the Windows Disk device.
(there was an issue with remove locks).

Best regards,

- Johannes