[DRBD-announce] DRBD-9.0.31-0rc1 & drbd-9.1.4-rc.1

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Sep 27 18:04:11 CEST 2021

Hello,

Here we are in the process of flushing out the fixes the accumulated
during August and September. Most are quite specific corner cases.

A noticeable change is that the "--discard-my-data" flag (it is an
option to the connect command) was changed. So far it was only used to
express how a split-brain situation should be resolved. From now on
the user can use this flag to force the resync direction (within some
constraints).
E.g. DRBD will not allow you to overwrite UpToDate or Consistent data
with Inconsistent data.

This is a release candidate, please help testing it.

9.0.31-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-121/transport:14)
--------
 * fix a possible call of NULL, a regression introduced with 9.0.26
 * fix a corner case in aborting an connect 2-phase-commit
 * fix detection of crashed primaries
 * fix resync decisions for crashed primaries in protocol A
 * protect resync decisions against changes of the local UUIDs
 * fix corner case that led to an endless loop logged
   with "Retrying drbd_rs_del_all() later. refcnt=..."
 * fix to resync after connecting to a diskless primary
 * do not clear bitmap between inconsistent nodes
 * add missing initializer for a resize 2-phase-commit
 * reject size increase from diskless nodes if there are size-limiting peers
 * remove queuing of 2-phare-commits; reduce complexity
 * allow reverting resync direction by the '--discard-my-data' option
 * new rr-conflict strategy called 'auto-discard'

9.1.4-rc.1 (api:genl2/proto:110-121/transport:17)
--------
 * merged all changes from drbd-9.0.31-0rc1
 * enabled dynamic debug on some additional log messages
 * remove (broken) write conflict resolution, replace it with warning
   about the fact
 * debugfs entry for the interval tree

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.31-0rc1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/a7e1dccc23b72102c922179c440e86fc52003f55