[DRBD-announce] drbd-utils v9.18.0-rc.1
roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon May 31 15:35:40 CEST 2021
Dear DRBD users,
this is the first release candidate of drbd-utils 9.18.0. This release
is mainly triggered by features/scripts that drbd-reactor will depend on
soon, but contains some additions on its own as well. There is no urgent
need to upgrade.
- as I mentioned previously in some discussion on drbd-user, the helper
targets for rpm building are now gone. This allowed us to simplify the
make-magic substantially. If you know rpm building you most likely
have not used these "helpers" anyways. But if, you can find them in
the git history/last release. Feel free to copy these to a
GNUmakefile or whatever works for you.
- drbd.service is basically a wrapper around the old and not too pretty
init shell script. This release contains a set of proper service files
that should be used instead. Documentation if currently "sparse"
(i.e., does not exist). We will add documentation within drbd-utils
and the users-guide soon. If you know systemd, the information in the
commit message actually should be good enough:
- the before mentioned systemd service templates that will be used by
drbd-reactor and its promoter plugin soon. This will allow simple HA
via systemd without the complexity of pacemaker. It will even support
OCF resource agents, but all of that will be part of the soon to be
released RC1 of drbd-reactor v0.4.0.
* build: remove rpm related targets
* drbdsetup,v84: fix minor compile warnings
* systemd: resource specific activation
* systemd: drbd-reactor promoter templates
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the drbd-announce