[DRBD-announce] drbdd v0.1.0

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Feb 26 11:08:13 CET 2021

Dear DRBD users,

this is the first release of drbdd. It is now the suggested way for
LINSTOR controller HA[1]. Of course, if you already have a pacemaker
setup, or use an external database that is highly available (you still
would need linstor-controller.service switching), or there are already
other means as in k8s, then feel free to use that. But otherwise drbdd
is a simple way to solve a complex problem. We assume this will be the
standard way for LINSTOR integration in Proxmox, Opennebula, and such.

Notable changes since RC2:
- the promoter plugin now drbdadm adjusts the resources it monitors on
  startup, so we don't need a dependency on drbd.service (the shell
  script one shipped with drbd-utils). Obviously especially needed for
  the LINSTOR controller HA as we can not expect that linstor itself
  brings up the volume.
- rpm: mark drbdd.toml as config
- plugins are split in init/run phases, and there is now a Plugin trait.
  So with that and PluginUpdate the plugin API should be pretty stable
  (no guarantees at all).
- support for systemd sd_notify, and therefore "Type=notify".
- less noise in the logs
- confirm that there will be a prometheus.io plugin (no time frame for
  now)

Regards, rck

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/drbdd/releases/tag/v0.1.0
TAR: https://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/utils/drbdd-0.1.0.tar.gz