[DRBD-announce] LINSTOR Operator 1.7.0-rc.5 released

Moritz Wanzenböck moritz.wanzenboeck at linbit.com
Thu Dec 9 18:19:16 CET 2021

Dead LINSTOR on Kubernetes Users,

We just released the 5th RC of LINSTOR Operator 1.7.0.

This release updates the default LINSTOR version to 1.17.0, which fixes the
known issue with regards to restarting the Controller with automatic
passphrase setup leading to a stuck LINSTOR cluster.

As another improvement over the last RC, the CSI nodes are now restarted as
required, so that relabelling of running kubernetes nodes is also applied
to the CSI nodes.

As always, the new chart is available from charts.linstor.io. If no further
issues come up (which I don't expect), we will make the final release early
next week.

Best regards,
Moritz

Changes since 1.6.0
-------------------

Added

- Support LINSTORs `k8s` backend by adding the necessary RBAC resources.
- Automatically create a LINSTOR passphrase when none is configured.
- Automatic eviction and deletion of offline satellites if the Kubernetes
node object was also deleted.
- Automatically restart CSI nodes to pick up changed node labels.

Changed
- DRBD version 9.1.4
- LINSTOR 1.17.0
- LINSTOR CSI 0.17.0