[DRBD-announce] drbd-utils v9.17.0
roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Apr 26 10:56:05 CEST 2021
Dear DRBD users,
this is the final release of drbd-utils. This release contains
some bug fixes that should not affect too many people (like a 8 year
unnoticed bug in drbdmeta that only triggers under certain conditions).
A change that happened between RC1 and the final release:
- drbdadm sh-ll-dev is now allowed for diskless resources. It prints
"none" in this case. This is similar to a change in "dstate" some time
ago and while it changes existing behavior, it is considered a bug
The noteworthy additions are:
- drbdsetup events2 --poll now also works without --now, so also in
combination with for example --full. This is needed for drbdd (which
will be renamed to drbd-reactor soon). The events stream now also
contains backing device information.
- drbdsetup invalidate(-remote) now allows a bitmap based resync after a verify.
"--reset-bitmap=no" allows triggering a bitmap based resync after an
online verify operation found some out of sync bits.
- With Debian Bullseye I removed the dependency on dh-systemd. If you
build for very very old distros and you build imaged don't contain it,
you might need to adapt.
- The recommends on "mail" was dropped as it only might be used if you
use the example handlers we provide. We assume if this is the case,
one tries their setup at least once, but there is no need to pull in a
complete mail setup via that dependency.
There have also been some changes to release naming (you might already
know them from the kernel module part starting with the 9.1 series).
Crafting a release now might require extra tools. If you use the tarball
we provide on our web page you should be fine, but if you decide to
create release tarballs from git, you might need to change. More details
Also as a heads up: I might decide to remove all the "rpm"/"deb"
related targets from the Makefiles soon. It is just too much effort to
consider all of the possible situations like building from git, building
a tarball form git, packages from git, packages from the tarball, a
tarball from the tarball and then a package... Again, I expect that for
99.99% of our users our tarballs are good enough, but if not, you will
be on your own soon, as well if you are building packages. People doing
that should know how to do it.
Please test now. If nothing unexpected shows up I will do the final
release in about a week from now.
* drbdadm,v9: fix dstate for diskless volumes
* build/release: use lbvers.py
* drbd-attr: don't leak fd to drbdsetup
* doc: various fixes and additions
* drbdsetup,events2,v9: add backing_device
* build,Debian: rm dh-systemd dependency
* drbdsetup,events2,v9: fix --poll regression
* drbdmeta: fix bug with ALs with small final extents
* build,Debian: rm mail recommends
* drbdsetup,events2,v9: allow --poll without --now
* drbdsetup,invalidate: allow bitmap based resync after verify
* drbdadm,sh-ll-dev: change output to "none" if diskless
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc"
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the drbd-announce