philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Oct 4 11:56:15 CEST 2012
This is the preparation for the last planed 8.3.x release. -- Getting
the fixes out of the door, that have accumulated over the last 5 month.
As usual: Please help testing this release candidate, and report any
regressions or bugs you can find!
Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!
* No longer support write-ordering "barrier" on kernels newer than 2.6.36
(or RHEL's 2.6.32), since it is no longer supported by the kernel's IO-layer
* Fixed the cause of the "ASSERT FAILED tl_hash..." messages
* Fixed an OOPS in case a on-congestion policy was set and the node becomes
* Fixed a list corruption for read requests that complete with an error
after they were aborted
* Fixed a kernel panic if the device size was an exact multiple of 128MiB
* Finish requests that completed while IO on DRBD was frozen. Before such
requests where never completed by DRBD
* Fixed a potential memory allocation during deadlock online resize
* Online resize with internal meta data failed to write the bitmap to
the new on-disk-location after the resize operation. This issue was
introduced with 8.3.10
* Do not go through NetworkFailure state during a regular disconnect
* Improve the handling of read-errors: Make sure that sectors that had a
read error are overwritten with data from the peer on the next resync
* Expose the data-generation-uuids through /sys/block/drbdXX/drbd/
* Add a stop-sector to the online verify feature
* Support FLUSH/FUA for layers above DRBD
* The new flag --peer-max-bio-size for drbdmeta create-md is of use
if you plan to use the device for long time without peer
More information about the drbd-announce