[DRBD-announce] drbd-8.3.13rc2.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Apr 30 17:18:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

rc2 looks very promising. I guess it will become final in
one week....

Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!

8.3.13rc2 (api:88/proto:86-96)
--------
 * Dedicated page pool for meta data IOs
 * Implemented stable bitmap pages when we do a full write out of
   the bitmap
 * Fixed resend/resubmit for requests with disk or network timeout

8.3.13rc1 (api:88/proto:86-96)
--------
 * Fixed a write ordering problem on SyncTarget nodes for a write
   to a block that gets resynced at the same time. The bug can
   only be triggered with a device that has a firmware that
   actually reorders writes to the same block
 * Fixed a race between disconnect and receive_state, that could case
   a IO lockup
 * Make sure that hard state changed do not disturb the connection
   establishing process (I.e. detach due to an IO error). When the
   bug was triggered it caused a retry in the connect process
 * Postpone soft state changes to no disturb the connection
   establishing process (I.e. becoming primary). When the bug
   was triggered it could case both nodes going into SyncSource state
 * Fixed a refcount leak that could cause failures when trying to
   unload a protocol family modules, that was used by DRBD
 * Deny normal detach (as opposed to --forced) if the user tries
   to detach from the last UpToDate disk in the resource
 * Fixed a possible protocol error that could be caused by
   "unusual" BIOs.
 * Enforce the disk-timeout option also on meta-data IO operations

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.3/drbd-8.3.13rc2.tar.gz
http://git.drbd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-8.3.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/drbd-8.3.13rc2

Best,
 Philipp
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.