[DRBD-announce] drbd-8.4.1rc1.tar.gz

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Dec 1 17:18:41 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

As drbd-8.4.0 was a huge leap forward for DRBD, we had a few bugs more
in that .0 release as we wanted to be there. The good news is we are
on the way with adopting our testing procedures to match the features
of 8.4.0.

As so often also a minor feature crept in: Read load balancing.
  That might be of interest if you have a faster network between
  your DRBD nodes in place, and want to benefit of the secondaries
  IO bandwidth for reading.

Please note: This is a release candidate, not intended for production.
Please help with testing!

8.4.1rc1 (api:genl1/proto:86-100)
--------
 * Fixed a bug that might cause in kernel list corruption triggered by
   simultaneous IO on multiple volumes in a single resource
 * Fixed an issue in the receiver that could cause connection triggered by
   simultaneous IO on multiple volumes in a single resource
 * Consider the discard-my-data flag for all volumes
 * Fixed a rare compatibility issue with DRBD's older than 8.3.7
   when negotiating the bio_size
 * Fixed a rare race condition where an empty resync could stall with
   if pause/unpause events happen in parallel
 * Made the re-establishing of connections quicker, if it got a broken pipe
   once. Previously there was a bug in the code caused it to waste the first
   successful established connection after a broken pipe event.
 * crm-fence-peer.sh: Can now deal with multiple DRBD instances being in
   a master/slave group
 * Optional load balancing for read requests: new keyword "read-balance"

http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/8.4/drbd-8.4.1rc1.tar.gz
http://git.drbd.org/?p=drbd-8.4.git;a=tag;h=drbd-8.4.1rc1

Best,
 Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.