philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Apr 8 22:19:10 CEST 2008
The real 8.0.12 release will happen in a few days.
After the 8.0.11 we had a few quite weeks in regard to DRBD bugs.
But then we got our new test/development cluster delivered to the
LINBIT office. 8 cores per node. 250MB/sec raw performance off the
RAID5 controller. This are the ingredients it takes for a multi-week
bug hunting party.
Please help us testing this release candidate!
The important fixes are
When connecting large DRBD volumes it might got stuck while
doing the bitmap exchange.
When using DRBD on top of iSCSI volumes and running the
replication traffic and the iSCSI traffic via the same switch
(stupid, right?) you might loose a disk and the network
rather concurrently. DRBD now deals more gracefull with
the recovery out of such a mess.
Got the exit codes for dopd right. BTW, Rasto and Lars got
the fixed dopd code pushed into the hreatbeat repository.
It will be released with the next heartbeat release (2.1.4?)
* Corrected lock-out of application IO during bitmap IO.
(Only triggered issues with multi-terrabyte volumes)
* If an attach would causes a split-brain,
abort the attach, do not drop the connection
* A node without data (no disk, no connection) only accepts data
(attach or connect) if that data matches the last-known data
* Fixed various race conditions between state transitions
* Various bugfixes to issues found by using the sparse tool
* Corrected the exit codes of drbdsetup/drbdadm to match
the expectations of dopd (drbd-outdate-peer-daemon)
* Corrected the online changing of the number of AL extents while
application IO is in flight.
* Two new config options no-disk-flushes and no-md-flushes to disable
the use of io subsystem flushes and barrier BIOs.
* drbdsetup /dev/drbdX down no longer fails for non-existing minors
* Added wipe-md to drbdadm
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner Tel +43-1-8178292-50 :
: LINBIT Information Technologies GmbH Fax +43-1-8178292-82 :
: Vivenotgasse 48, 1120 Vienna, Austria http://www.linbit.com :
More information about the drbd-announce